Sunday, September 18, 2011

Grilled Starship Squash

At the farmers market this week, I picked up a variety of new produce, one of them being Starship Squash.  I did a quick search around the Internet for what I should do with it, and I found out it could be used like any other summer squash. One of my favorite ways to serve summer squash is grilled, so I thought I would give it a shot.

Grilled Starship Squash
3 Medium Starship Squash
Avocado Oil
Onion Powder
Garlic Powder
Salt
Lemon Juice

Preheat grill.  Slice squash across the middle and take out the seeds. (Be sure to save and dry them if you are putting in a garden next year).

Brush or spray oil over both sides of squash and sprinkle with seasonings.

Place squash on medium high grill for 8-10 minutes per side, removing once squash is desired consistency.

  Serve with a splash of lemon juice and another drizzle of avocado oil.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment