Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Treat Time

I love being able to make 'treats' for my kids that do not necessarily send them (and therefor ME) into crazy, sugar induced, tornadoes. Anyone who knows my 3 year old will attest, she needs no added spring to her step, she does not stop moving from morning to night. Add some sugar and a little food color and you have uncontrolled chaos. These are a special treat that I can make her without the dreaded consequences!


This recipe is my modification of these little gems.
1/2 C Homemade applesauce (unsweetened)
1/2 C Coco powder
1/3 C melted coconut oil
2 Eggs
1/3 C Honey
1/2 C Almond Flour
1/3 C Coconut Flour
Pinch Salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1 tsp vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 350. Cut parchment paper to line an 8X8 pan. Mix all dry ingredients in a large bowl. In a small bowl, whisk eggs until frothy white and add in honey, applesauce, coconut oil and vanilla. Add wet into dry. Spoon into parchment lined pan and bake for 30ish minutes or until the brownie is set to the touch.

Verdicts from the kids:
Loralei- Can I go potty on the big girl potty again so I can have another special treat?
Colton- well, as you can see, it is gone!

No comments:

Post a Comment